I have so many projects that I want to start and even more that I have to finish, but busy is a good feeling. I've been researching colleges (actually, only one) more and more and I have my heart set on Fashion Institute of Technology. I know I just started my junior year in high school but nothing has ever felt more... perfect for me. I want an associates degree in advertising and marketing communications and a bachelors in fabric styling. I know things change and the mind of Alissa in two years may not want what my current mind does, but I like having plans and this is a good plan for this Alissa, right now. I just want to have this post here as a kind of reminder of the excitement I'm feeling, being so sure about something that really would be a hit or miss kind of study. Like really, Alissa? Fabric styling? Oh, you silly girl. You won't have much fabric to style living under a bridge in the ghettos of New York. I've never thought a career in the fashion industry would be sensible, so I always pushed it to the back of my mind. But while it may not be sensible, it is right for me. The heart wants what the heart wants, and this heart wants to be happy. So, when I'm looking back at this post when I am 40 and a banker in a small town in Washington I'll know that at one point in my life when money didn't matter, I was willing to just be happy. And that's always a good feeling. Happiness.
Until next time,
Monday, August 27, 2012
Thursday, August 23, 2012
Stir fry must be the universal food of "I have tons of things in my fridge and I don't know what to do with them so here I will put everything together yay." And there is nothing wrong with that, I love being resourceful. You can mix in whatever you want, there are no rules set in stone. Here's a quick little stir fry I threw together for dinner yesterday...
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped into little florets
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tray of mushrooms, cut into fourths
- 1 pound chicken, cut into little cubes
- Stir fry mix (I used beef/broccoli mix)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Garlic salt
- Minced garlic
Let's get cookin' good lookin'...
1. Chop your broccoli, onion, mushrooms, and chicken. PREP PREP PREP.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet on high.
3. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until it's even colored and tender.
4. Add broccoli, onion, and mushrooms and cook until the broccoli is bright green, onions are soft, and mushrooms are dark and soft.
5. Mix in the stir fry mix and add salt, pepper, garlic salt, and garlic to taste (I would suggest adding some of these seasonings to the chicken while it's still cooking too, maybe even add the onions then too. TRIAL AND ERROR, MY FRIENDS.)
6. Voila! Delicious stir fry.
I LOVE STIR FRY. You can add whatever you want to it, so you don't have to include onions or mushrooms or even broccoli if you don't want to. You might want to try peppers, beef, or even tofu. Whatever tickles your fancy. I love my flavor combination though :3 And it makes for great leftovers!
Anyways, have a good Friday. The weekend is fast approaching!
Until next time,
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
|Okay one of my eyes was closed because I was literally STARING INTO THE SUN.|
--- Outfit Details ---
Tank top: Hurley
Hi guys! Here are a couple of quick iPhone photos of my outfit from today. It's been getting crazy hot in Hawaii lately and it had me wishing I had more maxi skirts. It's like the coverage of jeans (so I don't have to shave my legs) with the comfort of a skirt. This happens to be my sisters dress so if you are reading this Caitlin hey I borrowed your dress today love you :3
I edited these photos using a cool iPhone app called VSCO cam. It's only 99 cents and boy is it AMAZING. It's more customizable than instagram and I don't have to share anything publicly if I don't want to (which means I can take countless pictures of myself and nobody will call me conceited!!!) This is starting to sound like a paid advertisement but I swear it's not, it's just a really cool app.
Anyways, school is going well and life is going well and things in general are going well. I will talk at you all soon!
Until next time,
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Even though my sister has moved out of the house and into her dorm, I still like to bug her. This a little bit of short footage from one of our adventures. Old spaghetti Factory with my family + Jackie (who is pretty much my sister) and a special dorm tour.
I'm going to be there quite often.
Until next time,
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
LONG TIME NO SEE, MY BLOGGING COMPADRES. I have missed blogging, definitely. But once summer really got going, I was having too much fun galavanting around in the real world to blog. And then school started and I was too busy tearing out all my hair from stress (I took a test in AP Psychology and found that my stress level is dangerously high. I need more bubble baths and less caffeine.) So now I will update you on my life happenings as of late, and throw around an empty promise stating that I will blog on the regs. This time I hope I mean it.
1. My family from Oregon visited for a week for my sisters graduation party! I loved having them here and the beach house they rented was wicked (the picture shown is the kitchen. MANY MORE PICTURES TO COME.) I can't wait to have them all back.
2. I had to go to the Emergency Room for the first time since elementary school. I caught the flu and ended up with a terribly high fever (at that point it was up to 103.7) and I could not stop vomiting. I got an IV which was mega cool and started feeling better almost immediately. They fed me ice chips :3
3. Tried this whole turban trend for the first time. I'm still unsure about my feelings concerning this piece of fabric wrapped around one of the sweatiest parts of my body.
4. Baked COOKIESSSS.
5. Bought a very pretty dress (my new favorite) from my BFFFFFFF Jackie's garage sale!
6. And alas, the start of school. I have only been in school for 2 and a half weeks now and I've already stayed up until 2 studying. I LOVE EDUCATION!!!
7. Journalism journalism journalism. I shot a football game on Saturday. My favorite part is always going through the photos afterwards and finding that one gem where the players tackled each other in such an intimate fashion that you just have to giggle a bit.
Welp, that has been pretty much it in regards to my life lately. I will try with all my might to start posting more AWESOME things on soon. I have several recipes and sewing projects that I wouldn't mind sharing with y'all.
Until next time,