homeabout meshopdaily readsfaqcontact

Monday, August 27, 2012

Being Happy Etc.

I have so many projects that I want to start and even more that I have to finish, but busy is a good feeling. I've been researching colleges (actually, only one) more and more and I have my heart set on Fashion Institute of Technology. I know I just started my junior year in high school but nothing has ever felt more... perfect for me. I want an associates degree in advertising and marketing communications and a bachelors in fabric styling. I know things change and the mind of Alissa in two years may not want what my current mind does, but I like having plans and this is a good plan for this Alissa, right now. I just want to have this post here as a kind of reminder of the excitement I'm feeling, being so sure about something that really would be a hit or miss kind of study. Like really, Alissa? Fabric styling? Oh, you silly girl. You won't have much fabric to style living under a bridge in the ghettos of New York. I've never thought a career in the fashion industry would be sensible, so I always pushed it to the back of my mind. But while it may not be sensible, it is right for me. The heart wants what the heart wants, and this heart wants to be happy. So, when I'm looking back at this post when I am 40 and a banker in a small town in Washington I'll know that at one point in my life when money didn't matter, I was willing to just be happy. And that's always a good feeling. Happiness.

Until next time,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment