homeabout meshopdaily readsfaqcontact

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stir Fry (a.k.a. Throw Whatever You Like In A Pan)

Stir fry must be the universal food of "I have tons of things in my fridge and I don't know what to do with them so here I will put everything together yay." And there is nothing wrong with that, I love being resourceful. You can mix in whatever you want, there are no rules set in stone. Here's a quick little stir fry I threw together for dinner yesterday...


Ingredients...
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped into little florets
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tray of mushrooms, cut into fourths
- 1 pound chicken, cut into little cubes
- Stir fry mix (I used beef/broccoli mix)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt
- Pepper
- Garlic salt
- Minced garlic

Let's get cookin' good lookin'...
1. Chop your broccoli, onion, mushrooms, and chicken. PREP PREP PREP.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet on high.
3. Add chicken to the skillet and cook until it's even colored and tender.
4. Add broccoli, onion, and mushrooms and cook until the broccoli is bright green, onions are soft, and mushrooms are dark and soft.
5. Mix in the stir fry mix and add salt, pepper, garlic salt, and garlic to taste (I would suggest adding some of these seasonings to the chicken while it's still cooking too, maybe even add the onions then too. TRIAL AND ERROR, MY FRIENDS.)
6. Voila! Delicious stir fry.

Final ruling...
I LOVE STIR FRY. You can add whatever you want to it, so you don't have to include onions or mushrooms or even broccoli if you don't want to. You might want to try peppers, beef, or even tofu. Whatever tickles your fancy. I love my flavor combination though :3 And it makes for great leftovers!

Anyways, have a good Friday. The weekend is fast approaching!

Until next time,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment