homeabout meshopdaily readsfaqcontact

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sea Cucumbers

Warning: These are not actual sea cucumbers. Do not be alarmed. They are soaked in "sea salt" though and me being witty and everything, I must call them sea cucumbers. Okay.

I love cucumbers, oh my word. My grandma Miyake has been feeding me these babies, prepared the exact same way, since I was a baby myself. They're ridiculously simple to make and so extremely healthy for you. This is barely even a recipe because it is just so darn easy to do, but you wouldn't believe how many people stare at me like I'm crazy when I tell them my favorite food is "cucumbers soaked in salt water" (i.e. Frances).


Ingredients...
- Cucumbers
- Salt
- That's it
- That's all you need
- So easy

Let's get cookin' good lookin'...
1. Wash your cucumbers, you can use as many or as little as you like.
2. Peel them in long STRIPES. Do not peel off all the skin, that would make them mushy.
3. Slice them (see picture above for thickness) into little disks.
4. Place all the cucumber disks into a size-appropriate bowl and add enough water to completely cover them.
5. ADD TONS OF SAAALT. By tons, I mean completely cover the top of the water with a sheet of salt. Do not tread lightly, it gets watered down in the huge bowl and you need a lot to make a difference in seasoning. DON'T FRET, KIDNEYS.
6. Mix until the salt is evenly distributed throughout the water
7. Soak for an hour or more, depending on how soft/firm you want them. Just feel/taste as you go.
8. Voila! Delicious (healthy) cucumbers!

Julia Child will roll over in her grave when she realizes HOW EASY THIS IS. Next time you have leftover cucumbers from a salad you made, try this out. Do it. Please. I beg you.

Until next time,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment